Cross of Glory Lutheran School
Our Mission Statement
Cross of Glory Lutheran School is a part of the total ministry of Cross of Glory Lutheran Church. In cooperation with families, Cross of Glory Lutheran School exists to equip children with the power of God’s Word and academic excellence. We seek to produce students who are strong in God’s Word, who are prepared for life eternal, and who are able to apply their education toward serving their Savior in any walk of life.
It is the general philosophy of Cross of Glory Lutheran School that we educate the COMPLETE child with a high quality Christian education while simultaneously encouraging, supporting, and nurturing families through the Word of God.
To accomplish this:
Educating the Whole Child
Our school offers a Christ-centered, Bible-based education through which the children of our congregation and community have the opportunity to grow:
- Spiritually: know their Savior, Christ Jesus, and the work of salvation
- Intellectually: math, science, language arts, and other typical courses
- Socially: promoting positive interactions with other students, teachers, and adults as well as how to deal with issues involving other people
- Physically: building strong bodies through PE, recess, and movement activities
- Emotionally: how to deal with failure and frustrations
Emphasizing Spiritual Growth
Our school offers the environment in which each child is enabled to grow spiritually
- In his / her faith in Jesus, through a daily study of the inerrant Word of God (the tool of the Holy Spirit)
- In his / her understanding of Christian doctrine as summarized by Martin Luther, and
- In developing his / her spiritual gifts and strengths in order to be prepared for a life of Christian service to this congregation, the church at large, and the community.
Providing a Safe and Cooperative Environment
Our school offers the environment that provides for the intellectual, social, emotional, physical, and aesthetic needs of each child by
- providing a Christian environment where children can develop their God-given talents;
- using a Christ-centered curriculum in which Bible truths permeate each subject;
- using called WELS teachers who daily confess Christ as their Savior.
- Employing innovative and research based educational tools and programs to meet the COMPLETE needs of each learner.
Finally, since the Bible teaches that parents have the primary responsibility for instructing their children in the Christian faith (Deuteronomy 6:7-9; Psalm 78:4-8), our school provides the environment that supports Christian parenting and home life.
It is our vision for Cross of Glory Lutheran School to be a school that develops and nurtures a church-home-school partnership to assist the parents in their responsibility to “bring them [their children] up in the training and instruction of the Lord.” Ephesians 6:4.
The curriculum at Cross of Glory Lutheran seeks to educate the mind and enlighten the heart through the timeless truths of God’s Word. Cross of Glory’s curricular framework is balanced and comprehensive. Its design promotes cognitive growth in all of its objectives, activities, strategies, and resources. The curriculum takes into account the wide range of cultural backgrounds and learning styles of its students, offering flexibility to remediate the struggling student while at the same time enriching the gifted learner. The Cross of Glory Lutheran student will be fully equipped with the tools needed to succeed in and out of the classroom.
- READING: Students develop a love for reading through phonics-based instruction that incorporates thematic units of high quality literature, poetry, short stories, and plays. The curriculum emphasizes listening and comprehension skills, while developing the ability to read critically. Each classroom has a library with appropriate book selection.
- WRITING: Students are taught to be proficient writers in a step-by-step composition process that includes phrases, sentences, paragraphs, reports, letters, poetry, journals, and short stories. Grammar is taught and stressed in all writing lessons. Students are encouraged to exercise their free expression in creative writing exercises
- SPELLING: The spelling component of the curriculum develops the sound/spelling connection in language, provides dictation practice, and incorporates and reviews vocabulary words in weekly units.
- ORAL EXPRESSION: Students develop public speaking skills through experiences in show-and-tell, oral reports, and class presentations.
The goals of Cross of Glory’s physical education program include: instruction in the rules, skills, and strategies of team and individual sports; physical fitness and cardiovascular development; practical experiences in leadership, teamwork, and sportsmanship; and development of a positive self-image in a safe, structured environment. Expectations include participation in all games and activities, respect for peers and instructors, proper care of equipment, and cooperation. The P.E. program is designed to enable each child to achieve success while developing an interest in life-long physical activity. Participation in P.E. for students with medical problems or physical limitations will be modified as needed.
Get in Touch
We’d love to hear from you. Visit us or contact us using the information below.
Monday – Friday 8:15 am – 3:30 pm
Office Hours 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Address 10111 W. Jomax Rd., Peoria, AZ. 85383